The practice of mindfulness offers knowledge and capability that can be applied to real life challenges and opportunities. At work this can result in clearer decision making, increased productivity and a healthier culture within the organisation.
The benefits of mindfulness for organisations includes:
- enhanced focus, clarity and concentration
- improved performance, productivity and collaboration
- greater emotional and physical resilience
- less stress, anger and mood disturbance
- increased capacity to adapt to change and respond to challenges
- improved interpersonal communication skills
- improved decision making capability
- general improvement in overall health and vitality
- increased job satisfaction and a decrease in absenteeism
Globally recognised, mindfulness has been practiced at Google and many other organisations.
Richard Fernandez, Director of Executive Development at Google , says he sees a significant difference in his work behavior since taking the [mindfulness] course.
“I’m definitely much more resilient as a leader,” he says. “I listen more carefully and with less reactivity in high-stakes meetings. It’s almost an emotional and mental bank account. I’ve now got much more of a buffer there.” New York Times
Watch this short video of Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn and his Mindfulness workshop with Google
Whether your priority is reducing stress, team building or leadership development , we can support your training needs across all levels of the organisation.
Be Still represents a team of experienced trainers throughout the ANZ region – Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Auckland.