Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction – MBSR
8 Sessions via Skype or Phone
The gold standard in mindfulness training
MBSR offers simple yet powerful practices to access sustainable wellbeing and true transformation.
Evidence-based – MBSR teaches practical techniques to help cultivate an observant and compassionate approach to your thoughts, emotions, body sensations and impulses. We begin by learning to gently interrupt self-criticism and break the cycle of unhelpful habits, stress and exhaustion.
The cutting edge of integrative and preventative medicine – Developed by Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn, MBSR has been widely researched over the past 35 years and is a recognised intervention in the field of mental and emotional health. It can lead to measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, empathy and stress reduction.
MBSR has been taught in hundreds of organisations, medical centres and hospitals around the world with clinical studies supporting a range of long-term benefits including:
- a 70% reduction in anxiety
- reduced negative feelings such as anger, tension and depression
- a reduction in debilitating stress and associated hormones such as cortisol
- increased disease-fighting antibodies supporting the immune system
- improvements in a range of physical conditions including chronic fatigue
- less invasive ways to work with chronic pain-related illness
- improved concentration, memory and decision making
- longer and better quality sleep
MBSR in Sydney via skype or phone
$790 Register here
$680 repeating MBSR students and concessions
Each week we explore key topics to support your understanding and integration of mindfulness into daily life. The course includes:
- 8 x 75 minute weekly sessions
- guided instruction on a variety of mindfulness meditations
- mind-body awareness training
- understanding stress and its impact on your life
- exploration of thoughts, feelings and habits and how to work with these mindfully
- scientific rationale and the theory behind the practices
- discussion and feedback to support bringing mindfulness into everyday life
- a workbook and a series of downloadable audio guided meditations
Contact us to book a course for yourself or for a group.
We recommend smaller groups to provide space for individual attention and a nurturing experience.
“It is an unforgettable experience. A must for people wanting relaxation and more peace in their hectic and stressful lives.. I am more attuned to my work, people, and friends. I feel I am less judgemental of situations and people and more open to various experiences without being forceful. I am able to better regulate my stress levels and take care of myself, something which I was wanting to improve.” – Jacob, MBSR
2020 Sunday Retreats, Mosman NSW
November 2020 10am – 3pm, Mosman Headland Park
$90 or $70 for previous MBSR students
A Sunday Retreat is included in your MBSR course.
Register for a Sunday Retreat here